Thursday, May 21, 2015

Excerpt Thursday

For my excerpt today, I'll be posting the beginning little bit from a new comedy fantasy I've started working on. I want this to be like the Monty Python of fantasy books. 


        Have dragon, will travel. The headline caught my eye right away. It was big, red, gaudy, and roared at me from the mouth of a poorly drawn dragon. I’m not kidding, a five year old could have drawn it. Not an art masterpiece five year old, a regular one. You know what I’m talking about.

        I scratched idly at my red scruff, picking particularly at the patchy places the hair refused to grow, and considered the scrawled writing under the dragon’s ill-shaped legs.

Hero seeking companion for daring adventures. Have my own dragon and will travel far and wide. Death and danger a guarantee. Must be good at conversation. No whistlers. No uglies.

        Can you believe this guy? I cocked a brow and leaned in, searching for the name of said hero. It was written along the bottom edge, almost unable to be seen: Meet Casandro at the The Hawk and The Highwaymen.

No comments:

Post a Comment